The Physio Clinic is excited to be launching free walking groups across all 3 of our locations! We were joined by some of our patients and team members for our first group of the year, on Saturday the 27th of March at Victoria Park.
Walking provides several health benefits including but not limited to:
- Increased cardiovascular and respiratory (heart and lung) fitness
- Improved management of chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol
- Improved mental health and cognitive function
- Improved balance
- Increased muscle mass, strength and endurance
When engaging in walking as exercise, we should aim to achieve a brisk pace to elicit the desired health benefits. This means you may be puffing slightly but can still engage in conversation. It is also recommended to accumulate 30 minutes of aerobic activity each day, however, we understand this may be challenging for many reasons. If you feel you would like assistance in building activity into your routine, we invite you to book an appointment with our Exercise Physiologist.
Completing the activity in a supervised group setting may allow you to explore your capacities under the guidance of health professionals, whilst also allowing you to socialise with others with a coffee stop at the end of each walk. There will be varied paths and lengths of the walks available, as we recognise each individual will have different abilities.
If you would like to join us, sign up sheets will be available at the front desk of each clinic, along with a screening form to complete. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Our next times are:
- BLACKWOOD Saturday 24 April – 9AM (Sturt River Linear Park)
- MARRYATVILLE Saturday 1 May – 9AM (Victoria Park)
- PROSPECT Saturday 8 May – 9AM (Location TBA)
We look forward to seeing you there!
P.S. BYO Dog is strongly encouraged.
Lauren Blake, Exercise Physiologist