Online Physio is a service allowing patients to book a phone or video consultation with a senior physiotherapist from The Physio Clinic. It is also known as ‘telehealth.’
An Online Physio Consultation can help if you are:
- Self-isolating at home due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Feeling unwell
- In a remote location
- Cannot attend one of our clinics
- Want to avoid waiting rooms!
Many studies have been conducted and have shown that Online Physiotherapy can be just as effective as seeing a physiotherapist face-to-face. Whilst it does not replace traditional hands-on treatment, the key conditions where education, exercise and self-management provide the greatest benefits are people with shoulder and lower back pain, hip and knee arthritis and patients post-surgery such as post hip and knee replacement and patients requiring a general exercise program for flexibility, strength and balance. See evidence-based articles.
Our Senior Physiotherapists can assess, diagnose and treat your injury entirely online. Tailored exercises can be prescribed with our new exercise software to perform in the comfort of your home.
This service is available for all people throughout Australia, the technology is easy to use and we can assist you with this too. There is no need to download an application. Services can be accessed via your phone, tablet or internet browser (e.g. Google Chrome or Firefox).
Still Unsure? Click here to check out this brief video outlining the simplicity of accessing an online consult, with our fantastic Senior Physiotherapist Mandy Button.
Please contact us on 8342 1233 for more information.
Can I claim these new services with Private health, Medicare, NDIS, DVA or Third-party?
- Private Health Funds: YES
- Some health funds will provide coverage for online consultations provided by physiotherapists from Tuesday 14 April 2020, subject to certain conditions.
- We encourage you to check with your health fund to see if they will cover online consultations (also known as Telehealth).
- Please also be aware that some funds may impose additional conditions.
- Initially, benefit payments will only be paid to you upon production of a receipt from us. This means that you will need to pay for the full cost of the consultation online at your appointment, and then claim your benefit through your health fund online.
- We hope to be able to provide you with more information soon
- Health Partners: YES Available from Wednesday 1/04/2020
- If you are a member of Health Partners with Physiotherapy cover, you will be eligible to receive a rebate on our online consultations as of 01/04/20.
- You will only have to pay your standard gap. Please contact admin to discuss.
- NDIS: YES
- We are still providing home visits to all of our NDIS participants, as recommended by the NDIA (the Agency in charge of the NDIS).
- Please contact us so we can put you in touch with our NDIS coordinator to discuss your needs so we can continue to provide you with essential supports.
- Medicare EPC Plans: YES
- You must have a valid referral from your GP
- Online consultations will be bulk billed.
- Please contact us for more options.
- DVA: YES
- Treatment cycle arrangements continue to apply for DVA clients seeking to access allied health services through telephone and video conferencing.
- Please contact your physio to discuss.
- Third-Party/RTWSA: YES
- Approval will be required from your case manager before we move to online consultation
- Please contact your physio to discuss